Uterine fibroids also known as “leiomyomas” or “myomas”, benign smooth muscle tumors of the uterus. Women of child bearing age are at the highest risk for getting fibroids. These muscular tumors may present many painful symptoms such as heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, frequent urination, pelvic pain and pressure, bloating or pain during sex. If left untreated these symptoms can lead to serious complications such as anemia caused by iron deficiency due to blood loss during menstruation and can lead to tiredness, fatigue and lack of energy.
- Do listen to your body carefully: Symptomatic fibroids cause many painful symptoms. If your menstruation is painful and continues for more than a week, you may be suffering from uterine fibroids.
- Do explain your symptoms: Some women are embarrassed to talk about their symptoms. Tell your physician how you feel. Fibroids are usually detected during a routine pelvic exam. If you explain your symptoms your doctor may order an ultrasound.
- Do know your treatment options: There are different surgical and non-surgical treatment options available for fibroids. One of the most common, surgical treatment options for fibroids is a hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus. A majority of women are told a hysterectomy is the only treatment available for fibroids. Never hesitate to take a second option and seek for more information. At USA Fibroid Centers we offer a minimally invasive and non-surgical fibroid treatment during which the fibroid tumor is reduced in size and the symptoms gradually disappear.
- Do ask questions: Always prepare a list of questions to ask your physician. Our interventional radiologists at USA Fibroid Center welcome questions or concerns patients or family members may have. We also have a dedicated insurance department to respond to insurance related questions.
- Do stay calm: Most women suffering from symptomatic fibroids feel they are not in control of their body anymore. Now you have a “Fibroids do’s and don’ts list” and know what should be the next step so stay calm!
- Don’t feel embarrassed:We have helped thousands of women suffering from heavy and prolonged menstrual periods and what you are experiencing is not new to us so don’t feel embarrassed to share. We are here to help you.
- Don’t lose hope: A lot of women suffering from painful fibroid symptoms achieved a fibroid free life after a UFE procedure. So don’t lose hope as your life can turn around after our non-surgical fibroid treatment as well.
- Don’t delay treatment: A majority of women with symptomatic fibroids think they will have to go through a hysterectomy due to which they keep delaying treatment and suffer in pain.
- Don’t be overwhelmed: Symptoms of fibroids can be painful and challenging. But a UFE procedure can improve your quality of life, make your menstrual period lighter, reduce frequent urination or pelvic pressure and you can enjoy a great sex life.
- Don’t be afraid to look at treatment options: If you have been told that a hysterectomy is your only treatment option make sure to take a second opinion. As with UFE your fibroids can be treated and the uterus is still preserved
If you are suffering from the symptoms of uterine fibroids call (855) 667 4247 to schedule a consultation with our leading interventional radiologists. Treatments at USA Fibroid Centers are covered by insurance.