Licensure and Certification
- New York State Medical License (active)
- 2016: Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
- 2016: Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology),
- 2016: Diagnostic Radiology: Independent Practice License – College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Dr. Rankin and Dr. Singh Award for Research Excellence – Western University
- 2015: Certificate of Merit Poster Award for “The Role of Interventional Radiology in Managing Invasive
Placenta” at the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiologic Society of Europe (CIRSE) Annual Scientific Meeting
- 2015: Professor Rolf W. Günther Foundation Travel Grant Award Winner, CIRSE Annual Scientific Meeting
- 2014: Roentgen Resident/Fellows Research Award – Radiological Society of North America (RNSA)
- 2011: Dr. Louis R. Harnick Memorial Award in Radiology, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- 2008-2010: Walter F. Watkins Scholarship for Academic Excellence, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- 2007-2009: Honors Standing, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- 2018: Reviewer for Academic Radiology
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Canadian Interventional Radiology Association
- Radiologic Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- American Association for Women Radiologists
About Rebecca Zener, M.D., D.A.B.R, F.R.C.P.C.
Dr. Rebecca Zener is a radiologist specializing in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Zener is double board-certified by the American Board of Radiology, and the Royal College of Physicians of Canada. Originally from Canada, Dr. Zener completed a fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City in 2018. Prior to her sub-specialty training, Dr. Zener completed the one-year Black Family Foundation clinical research fellowship in
Interventional Radiology at the University of Toronto, and was an Adjunct Professor at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada. In 2016, Dr. Zener completed her residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Western University, and graduated from medical school at the University of Toronto in 2011.
Dr. Zener has a special interest in the interventional treatment of women’s health issues, venous and arterial disease, as well as tumors. She is focused on both patient satisfaction and improving the quality of life of patients. Dr. Zener has won numerous research awards, has authored over 20 peer-reviewed research publications, and has given approximately 30 oral and poster presentations at both national and international meetings.
Dr. Zener has traveled across the globe, volunteering her time to treat patients in Cambodia, Peru, and Nepal. She speaks numerous languages including English, French, and Spanish. In her spare time, Dr. Zener enjoys traveling, cooking risotto, and downhill skiing.