All Upstate NY Locations
USA Fibroid Centers in Upstate NY
Have you been experiencing the debilitating effects of fibroids –– such as heavy and prolonged periods, severe menstrual cramps, frequent urination, or a diminished sex life? If you are avoiding a visit to your doctor because you believe hysterectomy is the only solution for uterine fibroids, we have good news.
At USA Fibroid Centers, our specialists offer an effective, outpatient, non-surgical treatment called Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). UFE can preserve your uterus and potentially eliminate painful, unpleasant, and unpredictable symptoms. Before making any hasty treatment decisions, we encourage you to learn about all available fibroid treatments in Upstate NY.
Uterine fibroids, also known as leiomyomas or myomas, are common, noncancerous tumors that grow in the muscle cells of the uterus. These growths often impact women during their reproductive years. Although not usually considered dangerous, fibroids have the potential to cause harm to surrounding organs.
In some cases, they can also impact fertility. You can develop a single fibroid or multiple tumors, ranging in size from that of a tiny pea to larger than a melon. Although fibroid symptoms aren’t always present, the type, size, location, and number of fibroids can impact which symptoms occur, as well as their severity.
Uterine fibroid symptoms can include:
- Heavy or prolonged menstruation
- Anemia-induced fatigue
- Pelvic or lower back pain
- Stomach bloating
- Frequent urination
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Severe cramps or pelvic pressure
We recommend seeking treatment when your uterine fibroid symptoms interfere with your career, sex life, self-esteem, or social interactions. To discover state-of-the-art facilities and specialized fibroid treatment near Upstate NY, we encourage you to schedule a consultation.
Minimally-Invasive Uterine Fibroids Treatment in Upstate NY
Unfortunately, doctors don’t always make their patients aware of all the available fibroid treatment options. Some may even suggest that hysterectomy is the only approach to treating uterine fibroids –– but this simply isn’t true. Uterine Fibroid Embolization, an effective, non-surgical procedure, involves fewer risks than surgery and a significantly shorter recovery time of only one to two weeks. Beyond these advantages, UFE also allows you to keep your uterus and preserve your fertility.
At USA Fibroid Centers, our top interventional radiologists perform Uterine Fibroid Embolization in state-of-the-art facilities. Here’s what you need to know about the UFE procedure:
- To locate fibroids, we use an advanced ultrasound method called fibroid mapping
- Treatment takes between 30 and 45 minutes
- It does not require general anesthesia and is performed under light sedation
- After numbing the area, our interventional radiologist makes a tiny incision in your upper thigh, easily covered by a band aid
- We then inject embolic material through a tiny catheter into the uterine artery, which blocks blood flow to the fibroid(s)
- Once cut off from blood flow and nutrients, the fibroid(s) will shrink and eventually disappear
- Afterwards, the injected material remains permanently in the blood vessels at the fibroid site, making it unlikely that the fibroid will regrow in the future
Looking for a Fibroid Specialist Near Upstate NY?
We’re America’s #1 fibroid specialists, and we offer dozens of clinic locations across the country. At USA Fibroid Centers, our highly-rated fibroid specialists near Upstate NY want to help you avoid unnecessary surgery by educating you on the full range of available fibroid treatments. Our personalized approach to patient care is motivated by compassion and confidence –– quite simply, we want to help you and we believe that we can.
Beginning your Fibroid Treatment in Upstate New York
In search of fibroid specialists in Upstate New York? The USA Fibroid Center specialists can help. Our team of skilled professionals provides minimally invasive uterine fibroid treatments in state-of-the-art facilities.
Fibroid treatments don’t have to be stressful. The USA Fibroid Center team works to support patients through every step in the treatment process. We can answer any questions you might have and shed light on what to expect. Relief from fibroid symptoms awaits.
How to Prepare for your Visit
When preparing for your fibroid treatment in Upstate New York, be sure you bring:
- Government-issued photo ID
- A list of any medications or supplements you’re currently taking
- Insurance card
- Pertinent medical records, especially if you’ve tried previous fibroid treatments and medications.
Preparation for your Upstate New York UFE treatment begins 24 hours ahead of your appointment. Be sure to follow these guidelines to ensure the procedure goes well:
- Avoid caffeine
- Drink only clear liquids for three hours before your appointment
- Take any prescribed medications and supplements, except for blood thinners and OTC pain medications
- Bring someone to drive you
- Take blood thinner medication, including over-the-counter pain medications
- Use tobacco products or drink alcohol
- Eat for 24 hours prior to your treatment
Confirm your Insurance Coverage
The professionals at USA Fibroid Centers are eager to help you prioritize your healthcare in Upstate New York and maximize your insurance benefits. We can help file any paperwork necessary for approval, and also accept HSA and FSA plans for your Upstate New York fibroid treatment. Additionally, we offer a range of financing options, including CareCredit.
We work with a range of insurance providers. If you don’t see yours on the list, please call us at 855.615.2555.
USA Fibroid Centers in Upstate NY
We have fibroid treatment clinics across NYC, including Upstate. Our Upstate clinic locations include:
Book Your Fibroid Treatment in Upstate NY
At USA Fibroid Centers in Upstate NY, our experts want you to know that if uterine fibroid symptoms are negatively affecting your life, there’s no need to suffer any longer. With Uterine Fibroid Embolization, you are given the opportunity to rediscover life without painful, uncomfortable, and unpredictable symptoms. To consult with one of our top fibroid specialists, book an appointment today using our convenient online scheduling form.