How to Prepare for Your Appointment
Congratulations on taking the first step towards addressing your fibroid concerns by scheduling an appointment with USA Fibroid Centers. To make the most of your initial visit, it’s helpful to come prepared with essential information and questions.
- Questions to Ask: Prepare a list of questions to discuss with your healthcare provider. These may include inquiries about the specific type and location of your fibroids, available treatment options, potential side effects, and expected recovery times. Clear communication is key to ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of your condition and the recommended interventions. We’ve compiled a list of fibroid doctor questions for you to get started as well as included a video below.
- Insurance Information & Card: Have your insurance information readily available. We will help check with your insurance provider beforehand to understand coverage for diagnostic tests and procedures. The USA Fibroid Centers team can assist you in navigating insurance-related queries.
- Current Medications: Make a list of any medications or supplements you are currently taking. This includes prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and herbal supplements.
- Medical Records/Previous Treatments: If you have any relevant medical records, such as imaging results or reports from previous consultations, bring them with you to the appointment. Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past would be helpful as well.
- Photo ID: Bring your most recent form of identification.
At USA Fibroid Centers, highly trained interventional radiologists and medical staff work collaboratively to provide individualized treatment plans for each patient. The process begins with a comprehensive consultation and diagnostic evaluation, including imaging studies, to accurately assess fibroids’ size, location, and characteristics. Based on this evaluation, the medical team customizes a treatment plan that addresses the patient’s specific needs.
COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED AT A FIBROID CONSULTATION:
Watch an initial consultation with Malorie Bailey: