All Florida Locations
1711 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009
What Our Patients are Saying
What Our Patients are Saying
Fibroid Treatment in Florida
For anyone struggling with debilitating pain, a diminished sex life, heavy menstrual bleeding, and low energy levels caused by uterine fibroids, relief is available in the form of a minimally-invasive procedure called Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). At USA Fibroid Centers, we offer this state-of-the-art fibroid treatment in Florida.
Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that commonly appear in or on the uterus. They can appear as a single fibroid or in clusters. Fibroids range in size from that of a tiny seed to as large as a melon — with the largest ones weighing over twenty pounds. Although uterine fibroids are not cancerous, they have the potential to harm surrounding organs, negatively impact fertility, and cause painful symptoms.
Uterine fibroids come in four types, classified by location within the uterus:
The type, size, location, and number of fibroids present can affect which symptoms are experienced, as well as their severity. In some cases, no symptoms are present at all.
Possible uterine fibroid symptoms include:
- Heavy or prolonged menstruation
- Anemia-induced fatigue
- Pelvic or lower back pain
- Stomach bloating
- Frequent urination
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Severe cramps or pelvic pressure
Considering how common uterine fibroids are, there is a surprising lack of awareness about them. Did you know that about 33% of women during their childbearing years develop these benign tumors? By age 50, that number increases to as high as 80% –– yet only about half of women believe they are at risk. Although there is a range of available fibroid treatment in Florida, patients are often not informed of all their options. Many believe that hysterectomy, the complete surgical removal of the uterus, is the only treatment option –– and most have never even heard of Uterine Fibroid Embolization. Our experts aim to educate about this unique, effective, non-surgical treatment option that can preserve your uterus and ovaries, eliminate symptoms, and quickly get you back to living life to its fullest.
Related fibroid articles:
You Don’t Need a Hysterectomy to Treat Your Fibroids
Life Before and After Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
If your fibroid symptoms are interfering with your career, sex life, self-esteem, or social interactions, there’s relief in sight. For fibroid treatment in Florida, contact the experts at USA Fibroid Centers. Instead of undergoing major surgery, make an appointment today and discover whether you are a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization.
Non-surgical Florida uterine fibroids treatment
Our Florida fibroid specialists want you to know want you to know that there are less invasive treatments available. According to a recent report by the Society of Interventional Radiology, 1 out of 5 women in the US think hysterectomy is the only option for treating fibroids.
At USA Fibroid Centers, Uterine Fibroid Embolization is performed by our highly qualified fibroid specialists in state-of-the-art facilities. Our knowledgeable staff and experienced interventional radiologists will guide you every step of the way through treatment, recovery, and beyond. We are trusted experts for Florida fibroid treatment.
Here’s what you should know about UFE:
- UFE does not require general anaesthesia.
- It is performed under light sedation, so you’ll be comfortable and calm throughout.
- Treatment takes between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Before the procedure, your fibroids are located using a process called fibroid mapping via ultrasound.
- After numbing your thigh, one of our doctors makes a small incision, which serves as the entry point for a catheter.
- The catheter is threaded into the artery responsible for supplying blood flow to the fibroid.
- Your doctor releases small particles through the catheter to block this artery.
- Once blood flow is cut off, the fibroid begins to shrink and eventually wither away.
- Your incision requires only a small bandage, no stitches.
- You should return to normal, daily activities within 1-2 weeks.
- The uterus and ovaries remain intact.
- UFE is low-risk compared to hysterectomy and myomectomy.
To find out if you are a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization, contact us to meet with one of our fibroid specialists. Our non-surgical fibroid treatment can bring quick and significant relief for symptoms impacting your normal life. In Florida, fibroid treatments at USA Fibroid Centers are performed with skill, cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art facilities, with high regard for patient satisfaction and well-being.
After Uterine Fibroid Embolization, patients may experience:
- Shorter, lighter periods, lasting between 5-7 days
- Less constipation and bloating
- Decreased pain during intercourse
- Relief from pelvic pressure or pain
- Normal frequency of urination
- No protruding belly or abdomen
- To buying and use less feminine hygiene products
- To take less over-the-counter pain medications to manage pelvic pain or cramps
After treatment, most patients no longer need to cancel social plans or avoid work responsibilities due to painful or inconvenient symptoms. Uterine Fibroid Embolization can help you reclaim your life.
Looking for a Florida Fibroid Specialist?
As America’s number-one fibroid treatment experts, USA Fibroid Centers has dozens of clinics across the country. For world-class Florida uterine fibroids treatment, visit our Hallandale office. Easily accessible, our Florida office is close to Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. We’re easy to find and centrally located along East Hallandale Beach Boulevard in the Diplomat Mall Shopping Center. We’re right next to the Golden Isles Lake and, of course, the beach. Use our online mapping tool for detailed directions. We welcome patients from all areas of Florida and beyond.
Our expert interventional radiologists offer unparalleled experience in performing UFE. Beyond that, all of our staff and medical professionals go the extra mile to offer compassionate, individualized patient care.
During your initial consultation, you can expect that we will:
- Review your MRI and ultrasound to confirm your diagnosis
- Find the best treatment plan for your needs
- Help you to avoid unnecessary Florida fibroid surgery
Our Florida fibroid specialists review all aspects of the procedure, working one-on-one with each patient to ensure they will be fully informed. You’ll soon discover that at USA Fibroid Centers, this type of personalized consultation sets a new standard for superior patient care. Our primary goal is to help you discover a future without uterine fibroid pain, discomfort, and unpredictability.
Book your Florida Fibroid Treatment today
Don’t wait any longer to get help. If you are experiencing fibroid symptoms, contact us to learn more about Uterine Fibroid Embolization. After treatment, you can say goodbye to pain, heavy bleeding, and all the other unpleasant and debilitating effects of uterine fibroids. Discover non-surgical Florida fibroid treatment by calling the location nearest you, or use our online scheduling form today.