The call to an all-natural lifestyle appeals to people of all ages around the world. As natural remedies grow in popularity for many conditions, many women wonder if they can use organic means to relieve — or even prevent — uterine fibroid symptoms.
USA Fibroid Centers offers hope to women looking for fibroid relief. Learn more about fibroid prevention and how you can shrink your fibroids naturally. While these methods and lifestyle habits alone won’t cure fibroids, they’ll help you manage symptoms until you can access fibroid treatment.
Can I Prevent Uterine Fibroids at Home?
Unfortunately, no one can prevent fibroids altogether. Some risk factors — such as hormonal changes and a family history of fibroids — are out of our control. However, you can reduce your risk of developing the condition using several natural remedies. If you already have fibroids, you can also use these remedies to alleviate your symptoms in the short term.
How to Shrink Fibroids Naturally
Studies have found several lifestyle changes that can reduce your risk of developing fibroids and lessen your fibroid symptoms. Some home remedies for uterine fibroids include:
- Lowering your blood pressure: Women with low blood pressure are less likely to develop fibroids in their childbearing years. You can lower your blood pressure by limiting your sodium intake, exercising, maintaining a healthy weight, and eating more potassium-rich foods.
- Balancing your estrogen naturally: Excess estrogen is linked to fibroid growth. To manage your hormone levels, you should avoid contact with fertilizers, pesticides, dyes, paints, and similar chemicals. Use only organic makeup and beauty products. You can also try essential oils like frankincense and thyme to lower your estrogen levels naturally.
- Exercising: Regularly exercising can lower your chances of developing fibroids and relieve your symptoms if you already have them. Consistent exercise offers a host of benefits related to fibroids, such as reducing blood pressure, managing weight, and balancing hormones.
- Taking your vitamins: Vitamin D has been shown to significantly reduce fibroid symptoms and lessen the risk of developing the condition. Talk to your doctor about adding a vitamin D supplement to reduce your chances of developing fibroids. You can also discuss taking vitex, milk thistle, B-complex, and fish oil to balance your hormones.
Ways to Prevent Fibroids With Your Diet
Your diet plays a significant role in fibroids growth. While you can’t completely prevent fibroids, you can reduce your risk and manage existing symptoms by regularly eating the following foods:
- Leafy green vegetables
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage
- Iron-rich foods
- Whole grains
- Organic foods
- Fresh fruit
Likewise, certain foods and drinks can increase your chances of getting fibroids or worsen your fibroid symptoms. Limit or altogether avoid the following:
- Red meats such as beef, lamb and ham
- Non-organic dairy
- Sugary foods
Find Long-Lasting Fibroid Relief With USA Fibroid Centers
While these natural options can help you alleviate your fibroid symptoms, only a specialized fibroid treatment can completely remove your fibroids and get rid of your symptoms long-term. USA Fibroid Centers is here to help.
We specialize in Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) — a non-surgical procedure that shrinks fibroids by cutting off their blood flow. After undergoing this FDA-approved outpatient treatment, you’ll be able to return to your daily activities in as little as a week. As one of the most natural fibroid procedures available, UFE will leave your uterus intact while helping you regain enjoyment of your life.
Discover the gold standard in uterine fibroid treatment. Contact us today for more information about UFE or to request a consultation with a professional near you.