Fibroid Treatment in Austell, GA
In the United States, up to 26 million women are affected by fibroids, a benign tumor in the uterus or on the uterine lining. Symptoms of fibroids can be excruciating, such as heavy and long periods and painful intercourse and cramps. Luckily, we have a symptom quiz that helps us help you narrow down your symptoms.
There are a few risk factors to fibroids, such as:
- Race: Black women have a much higher risk of developing fibroids than women of another race.
- Heredity: Having a family history of uterine fibroids increases your risk.
- Age: Because fibroid growth is hormone-related, post-menopausal women rarely develop new fibroids.
- Weight: Being overweight increases your risk of uterine fibroids to two to three times greater than average.
- Hormones: Estrogen and progesterone hormones promote the growth of fibroids in women of childbearing age.
If any of these factors sound familiar to you, the fibroid specialists at USA Fibroid Centers are always here to help and discuss treatment options with you.
Minimally Invasive Austell, GA Fibroid Treatment
Luckily, there are multiple options for treatment. There are full and partial hysterectomies, myomectomies, and Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). Our fibroid specialists aim to make sure women know all their options and help them understand what’s best for their bodies and lifestyle. At USA Fibroid Centers, we offer UFE, a minimally invasive procedure that allows you to go home the same day. Most patients can return to their regular activities within ten days. This FDA-approved procedure only takes 30-45 minutes and can help alleviate painful fibroid symptoms.
Looking for an Austell, GA Fibroid Specialist?
If you’re ready to find freedom from your fibroid symptoms, USA Fibroid Centers is here to help. Our fibroid specialists will be happy to guide you through all you need to know about fibroids and what other questions you may still have about treatment. Our interventional radiologists at Austell are reputable, reliable, and come recommended.
Our Fibroid Doctors
Beginning your Fibroid Treatment in Austell
If you’re looking for fibroid treatment in Austell, Georgia, you can feel confident with our team. Our Austell fibroid specialists are knowledgeable and empathetic with the goal of providing you with comfortable and compassionate care throughout the entire process.
We’ll help remove any worry you may have about receiving medical treatment for your fibroid disease at USA Fibroid Centers. Our Austell fibroid treatment center is a state-of-the-art facility with staff who support you every step of the way. We are sure to go over treatment options and answer any questions you may have to allow you to make an informed decision about your next steps.
How to Prepare for your Visit
Please bring the following documents when you come in for your fibroid treatment visit at our Austell location.
- Current insurance card
- Government-issued photo ID
- Prior medical records and any medications or treatment for fibroids
- List of current medications, including supplements
Follow these guidelines by our fibroid specialists for the 24 hours before your Austell fibroid treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinners and aspirin as well as any over-the-counter pain relievers
- Avoid alcohol, nicotine, and tobacco products
- Limit your intake of caffeine
- Do not eat solid of processed foods for 24 hours before your UFE treatment
Your Austell fibroid specialist will recommend that you continue the following:
- Drink clear liquids only, starting three hours before your fibroid treatment
- Continue taking any prescription medications and vitamins as usual, except for blood thinners
- Bring a driver to take you home after the procedure
Confirm your Insurance Coverage
Our USA Fibroid Centers team in Austell will work with you to maximize the benefits of your insurance plan. If you are concerned about whether your insurance provider will cover our fibroid treatment and don’t see it included on the list, please call our local number at 470.372.1907.
How to Get to USA Fibroid Centers in Austell
You’ll find our Austell, GA center conveniently located at 3875 Austell Road, Suite 201A, near Wellstar Cobb Hospital.
Nearby Areas We Serve:
- Wesley Station
- Country Lake
Fibroid Center Near Wesley Station: Our Austell center is only about a 10-minute, five-mile drive via Clay Road Southwest and Austell Road.
Fibroid Center Near Clarkdale: The center is less than five miles from Clarkdale, about a 10-minute drive via Clay Road Southwest and Austell Road.
Fibroid Center Near Mableton: Mableton is about four miles from the center, so it’s less than a 10-minute drive via Brookwood Drive.
Fibroid Center Near Country Lake: The Austell center is less than seven miles from Country Lake, about a 13-minute drive via Ernest W Barrett Parkway Southwest and East-West Connector.
Book Your Austell, GA Fibroid Treatment Today
If you want to return to your daily tasks and relieve yourself from fibroids symptoms, UFE at USA Fibroid Centers in Austell, GA, may be the answer to your fibroids. Schedule a consultation online or give us a call at 855.615.2555 and help us help you live a fibroid free life.