Fibroid Treatment in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Millions of women live with painful, debilitating uterine fibroid symptoms like severe cramps, heavy bleeding, and frequent urination. If you’re having difficulty managing your symptoms, the fibroid specialists at USA Fibroid Centers can help.
Many women believe that a hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus as well as partial or full removal of the ovaries, is their only fibroid treatment choice. If you’ve been considering fibroid surgery, we’d like you to know there are other approaches.
Our fibroid treatment specialists in West Chester, Pennsylvania, aim to educate women about the surgical and non-surgical treatment options available to them. After you’ve learned about your entire range of options, you can find a treatment that works best for you.
Uterine fibroid removal treatment using surgery is not your only option. At USA Fibroid Centers, we offer a minimally invasive uterine fibroid treatment in West Chester, Pennsylvania, called Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). UFE is an effective outpatient treatment for women that wish to preserve their uterus and don’t want to undergo major surgery.
There’s no need to worry about a long and uncomfortable recovery period. Our convenient UFE treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes, and most women are able to return to their normal routine in seven to 10 days.
Minimally Invasive Uterine Fibroid Treatment in West Chester, PA
We believe that women shouldn’t have to choose between invasive surgery and living with continued pain from fibroids. Our state-of-the-art center for outpatient fibroid treatment in West Chester, Pennsylvania, is staffed by compassionate and qualified specialists ready to create a treatment plan that’s right for you.
Here’s what to expect during Uterine Fibroid Embolization:
- Our caring staff aims to put you at ease and keep you comfortable throughout the entire treatment process
- An experienced interventional radiologist (IR) will perform your UFE procedure
- Just like at a dentist appointment or a colonoscopy, you will be given a light sedative to make you feel comfortable, similar to “twilight”
- The IR will insert a tiny catheter into your numbed upper thigh and inject embolic materials
- The injected embolic materials block blood flow and nutrients to the fibroid(s)
- Blocking the blood flow and nutrients causes the fibroids to fade away over time
- The IR will remove the catheter and put a small bandage over your incision: patients can look forward to NO stitches and NO scarring
- Then, after a brief, post-treatment monitoring period, you will be able to return home Most patients return to their daily routine within seven to 10 days
Looking for a Fibroid Specialist in West Chester?
When you’re ready to take control of your health, turn to our highly-rated specialists for the medical care you deserve. Our West Chester, Pennsylvania, fibroid specialists look forward to helping you find freedom from your fibroid pain and symptoms.
Our Fibroid Doctors
Beginning your Fibroid Treatment in West Chester
Fibroid symptoms can be incredibly uncomfortable, not to mention painful. Fortunately, you don’t just have to live with fibroids. At our West Chester fibroid treatment facility, we are here to help you understand your options. Schedule a consultation with one of our West Chester fibroid specialists and you’ll learn all about our leading-edge treatment called Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE).
During your consultation at our state-of-the-art facility in West Chester, our specialist will perform a fibroid assessment and ask you about your health history. This is also a great chance for you to ask all your treatment questions. At the end of your consultation, you’ll walk away with a deeper understanding of all your fibroid treatment options.
If you choose UFE treatment at our West Chester facility, you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care every step of the way.
How to Prepare for your Visit
We will guide you through every part of the UFE process if you decide it is the right treatment option.
The day before your procedure, we ask that you:
- Avoid consuming alcohol and tobacco
- Limit caffeine and processed foods
- Try to eat soft foods only
- Do not take aspirin, blood thinners, or any over-the-counter pain relievers
On the day of your UFE treatment in West Chester:
- Fast three hours before the procedure
- Drink only clear liquids three hours before your treatment
We ask that you bring the following to your appointment at our West Chester location:
- Your government-issued photo ID
- A copy of your health insurance
- Any medical records relating to your fibroids
- A list of your current medications and supplements
- Someone who will drive you as you will be under light sedation during your UFE treatment
While any medical procedure can be a little scary, know that you are in the hands of an experienced and knowledgeable fibroid specialist in West Chester. You’ll be on your way to recovery in no time.
Confirm your Insurance Coverage
Not sure if your health insurance will cover Uterine Fibroid Embolization? Fortunately, many insurers do. Our USA Fibroid Centers team in West Chester is standing by to help you maximize your coverage. Check out our extensive list of insurance providers. Should you not find your provider listed, reach out today at 267.668.2681 and we will work with you.
How to Get to Our Fibroid Treatment Center in West Chester
You’ll find our West Chester uterine fibroids treatment center at 1572 Wilmington Pike. We’re not far from the Concord Country Club.
Nearby Areas We Serve:
- Wilmington, DE
- Kennett Square
- Claymont, DE
Fibroid Treatment Center Near Wilmington, DE: Our clinic is about a 24-minute, 11.2-mile drive along US-202 North.
Fibroid Treatment Center Near Aston: When you’re coming from Aston, we’re an 8.3-mile drive along Concord Road and US-322 West. You’ll be here in about 18 minutes.
Fibroid Treatment Center Near Chester: We’re about a 12.5-mile drive from Chester. Take US-322 West and you’ll be here in about 22 minutes.
Fibroid Treatment Center Near Kennett Square: Our clinic is about 17 minutes from Kennett Square. Take US-1 North for 10.7 miles.
Fibroid Treatment Center Near Claymont, DE: Claymont, DE is about 9.4 miles away. Take US-202 North and you’ll be here in about 20 minutes.
Book Your Fibroid Treatment in West Chester, PA
If painful fibroid symptoms are impacting your life, the experts at USA Fibroid Centers can help. We want you to know that you can find lasting relief from uterine fibroids without enduring surgery. We invite you to speak with our specialists to learn more about your uterine fibroid treatment options. Request a consultation online or call us at 855.615.2555.