According to National Institute of Health (NIH), fibroids are an important health concern, both because of large number of women affected by them and the large number of hysterectomies performed each year to treat the symptoms they cause. Hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus to manage the symptoms of fibroids
Even though symptomatic fibroids present many challenges such as; painful and prolonged menstruation, frequent urination, pelvic pain and pressure and sometimes pain during sex, prolonged and heavy menstrual bleeding leading to anemia (iron deficiency) causing fatigue and tiredness, hysterectomy is not the only option for the treatment of fibroids in the uterus.
In recent years an increasing number of studies have shown long-term effects of hysterectomy on the pelvic floor and some studies have demonstrated unwanted effects on other health aspects. For many women suffering from symptomatic fibroids, deciding on having their uterus removed is a difficult decision. Some of these women might never have experienced the joys of motherhood and making the choice of choosing pain or removal of womb is the most emotionally challenging decisions.
At USA Fibroid Centers we offer minimally invasive and non-surgical fibroid treatment for –Uterine Fibroid Embolization. Our leading vascular specialists use an image guided catheter to reduce the size of the fibroid tumor by blocking the supply of blood to the fibroid. The treatment is performed as an out patient procedure and patient can go home the same day after treatment. Most women feel have their fibroid symptoms under control after a fibroid treatment.
This is how your life will change after a UFE procedure:
- Manageable menstrual cycle: After a UFE procedure the menstrual period becomes shorter and lighter and the pain during menstruation is under control,
- Higher energy levels: As the menstrual bleeding becomes lighter women gradually gain their energy levels back. If anemia is caused due to symptomatic fibroids it gradually gets under control as well.
- A more confident you: Most women suffering from fibroids avoid wearing lighter clothes as they are afraid of their clothes getting stained. After a UFE procedure you can enjoy wearing any color that you like as your menstrual flow.
- Positive self-body image: Women suffering from fibroids sometimes develop a poor self body image due to enlarged abdomen that can be caused due to larger fibroids. After a UFE procedure most women feel they are in a better shape.
- Improved sex life: Due to the reduction in the size of the fibroid tumor most women experience a pain free and improved quality of sex life.
- A happier you: Most women treated at USA Fibroid Centers, share their satisfaction with results after a UFE procedure as they feel in control of their body again and don’t feel hopeless anymore as they have they received a treatment for fibroids and preserved their uterus as well.
If you are suffering from the painful symptoms of fibroids call (855) 615-2555 to schedule a consultation with one of our leading interventional radiologists so you can enjoy a fibroid free life!
All treatments at USA Fibroid Centers are covered by most insurance plans.