All Houston Locations
16307 FM 529 Rd
Houston, TX 77095
6218 Highway 6
Missouri City, TX 77459
Fibroid Treatment in Houston, Texas
Uterine fibroids can impact your life and everyday routines. Painful cramping and pressure in the pelvic area, heavy bleeding, frequent urination, and prolonged periods are just some of the symptoms you can experience with uterine fibroids. You may feel discouraged and frustrated at how they affect your daily life. Fortunately, we can provide much-needed relief with uterine fibroid treatment at our Houston treatment center.
You may not know much about fibroids and believe that your only option is a hysterectomy to deal with the symptoms. The experienced professionals at USA Fibroid Centers can discuss treatment options to help you make an informed decision. One of those options is Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE). UFE is a minimally invasive treatment that’s performed in an outpatient setting. With this procedure, you can retain your fertility while reducing or eliminating your symptoms from fibroids.
UFE treatment takes less than an hour with a minimal recovery time of one or two weeks. It won’t take long until you’re feeling well enough to enjoy your favorite activities once again.
All Houston Locations
Seek treatment for your fibroids at any of our Houston locations:
- Missouri City
Non-Invasive Fibroid Treatment in Houston, Texas
As a non-surgical treatment, UFE can be performed at any of our state-of-the-art outpatient centers, allowing you to go home the same day. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the basic steps for UFE:
- You will be given a light sedative and local anesthetic to help you relax and to prevent discomfort
- The fibroid specialist will find the fibroid with ultrasound technology and will insert a tiny catheter into the upper thigh
- Embolic materials will be injected into the catheter to the artery, which blocks the artery from receiving blood and nutrients for the fibroid, causing it to shrink and die
- You will stay at the clinic for a short time for observation before heading home
When you suffer from the symptoms of fibroids, it can affect your entire life: your job, family, intimate relationships, even your emotional health. Houston fibroid treatment can help you regain control of your life and hope for your future. Our goal is to make women aware of alternatives to hysterectomy when dealing with fibroids.
Beginning your Fibroid Treatment in Houston
The state-of-the-art facilities at our Houston fibroid treatment centers provide a clean and comfortable environment for your UFE treatment in Houston. We understand that any medical treatment can be nerve-wracking. Because of this, our Houston fibroid specialists dedicate themselves to guiding each patient through their UFE treatment from start to finish. To help put your mind at ease, our caring fibroid specialists are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We encourage you to bring any concerns or questions with you to your appointment. Your Houston fibroid specialist will help you gain a thorough understanding of your treatment options and get you on your way to relieving those exhausting uterine fibroid symptoms.
How to Prepare for your Visit
To make sure your visit at our Huston location goes as smoothly as possible, we ask that you bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Insurance card
- List of current medications, supplements, and vitamins
- Medical records outlining previous fibroid diagnosis and treatment
To be fully prepared for your Houston UFE treatment, please follow these guidelines in the 24 hours leading up to your appointment:
- Stop taking any blood-thinning medication, including aspirin and other OTC pain relievers
- Continue to take your other prescribed medications as usual, with the exception of blood thinners
- Refrain from smoking, using tobacco, or drinking alcohol
- Avoid eating solid and processed foods for 24 hours before your appointment
- Drink only clear liquids three hours before your fibroid treatment
- Limit how much caffeine you consume
- Arrange for a trusted person to drive you from the Houston fibroid treatment center.
Confirm your Insurance Coverage
We work with a wide array of insurance providers. When you seek fibroid health care in Houston, our insurance specialists will assist you in getting the most out of your insurance benefits. If you don’t see your provider on our list, please call our toll-free number at 855.615.2555.
Looking for a Houston, TX Fibroid Removal Specialist?
The Houston, Texas fibroid specialists at USA Fibroid Centers have earned an outstanding reputation as empathetic and knowledgeable to provide treatment that improves the quality of life for our patients. They are committed to providing patients with the most up-to-date information that allows them to make the best choice for themselves.
Book Your Houston, Texas Fibroid Treatment Today
As a leading provider of UFE, USA Fibroid Centers is here to help you deal with your fibroid symptoms. Talk to a Houston fibroid specialist who can answer your questions and discuss the benefits of UFE. To get started, schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 855.615.2555.