All Bronx Locations
Bronx, NY 10463-7601
11 E Fordham Rd
Bronx, NY 10468-5406
947 Southern Blvd
Ste A Bronx, NY 10459-3401
3485-91 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
Bronx, NY 10463
384 E 149th St
Bronx, NY 10455-3908
1949 Westchester Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
Bronx, NY Fibroid Procedure
If you are experiencing debilitating pain, a diminished sex life, and low energy levels caused by uterine fibroids, you’ll be relieved to hear that there’s hope with a non-surgical procedure called Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE).
Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that commonly appear on the inside of the uterine walls. They can occur as a single fibroid or as multiples in clusters. Fibroids range in size from that of a tiny seed to as large as a melon. Although uterine fibroids are not cancerous, they can nonetheless harm surrounding organs, negatively impact fertility, and cause painful symptoms. Uterine fibroids come in four types, classified by location within the uterus — intramural, subserosal, pedunculated, and submucosal.
The type, size, location, and number of fibroids present can impact which symptoms are present, as well as the severity (and sometimes there are no symptoms present at all).
Symptoms of fibroids can include:
- heavy or prolonged menstruation
- anemia-induced fatigue
- pelvic or lower back pain
- stomach bloating
- frequent urination
- painful sexual intercourse
- severe cramps
- pelvic pressure
Learn more about symptoms
About 33% of women during their childbearing years develop these benign tumors, and by age 50, that number increases to as high as 80%. Despite the prevalence of uterine fibroids, only about half of women believe they are at risk. Although there is a range of available fibroid treatment in Bronx, many patients are not informed of all their options. Our experts at USA Fibroid Centers aim to educate on the unique, effective, non-surgical treatment option that can preserve your uterus and ovaries, eliminate symptoms, and quickly get you back to living life to its fullest.
Don’t let your symptoms interfere with your career, sex life, self-esteem, or social interactions any longer. For fibroid treatment in Bronx, head to USA Fibroid Centers. Instead of undergoing major surgery like hysterectomy or myomectomy, contact us to find out if you are a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization.
Related articles you may be interested in
Are Fibroid Symptoms Causing You Emotional Stress?
The Impact of Urinary Urgency
Do You Have an Irregular Period?
Non-surgical Bronx Uterine Fibroids Treatment
At USA Fibroid Centers, our fibroid specialists want women to know that there are less invasive, non-surgical treatments available.
We are trusted experts in the Bronx for fibroid treatment. Uterine Fibroid Embolization is performed by our highly qualified fibroid specialists in state-of-the-art facilities. Our knowledgeable staff and experienced interventional radiologists will guide you every step of the way through treatment, recovery, and beyond.
About Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE):
- Unlike some other Bronx fibroid removal specialists, we use fibroid mapping, an advanced ultrasound method, to locate your fibroids.
- The procedure does not require general anaesthesia, although it is performed under light sedation so you’ll be comfortable and calm throughout.
- A tiny catheter in the upper thigh, inserted by our interventional radiologist, injects embolic material into the uterine artery to block blood flow to the fibroids.
- When cut off from blood flow and nutrients, the fibroid(s) will wither away and eventually die.
- The injected material remains permanently in the blood vessels at the fibroid site, making the likelihood of the same fibroid returning to its normal size rare.
Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Uterine Fibroid Embolization takes between 30 and 45 minutes. Once it is over, all you need is a bandage to cover the catheter incision. Your ovaries and uterus remain intact, the treatment leaves no stitches or scars, there is no hospital stay, and recovery time is minimal — averaging one to two weeks. This treatment is low-risk compared to hysterectomy and myomectomy procedures. Plus, Uterine Fibroid Embolization can bring quick and significant relief for symptoms impacting your normal life.
Potential candidates for Uterine Fibroid Embolization are impacted by fibroids to the point that they tend to be limited in what activities they can do because of heavy bleeding or pain — often forced to miss work due to pelvic pain, pressure, or cramps — and constantly take over-the-counter medications to manage their pain.
If you’re suffering from uterine fibroids, you may:
- Have to plan your days around being close to a restroom.
- Need to purchase and use an excessive amount of tampons or pads, or layer these to prevent bleeding through.
- Feel uncomfortable wearing white or light colored clothing, and are often worrying about bleeding through their clothes in public.
- Sometimes unable to wear your usual pants size due to bloating.
If this description sounds familiar, and you are interested in discovering whether you are indeed a candidate for Uterine Fibroid Embolization, we recommend making an appointment to meet with one of our fibroid specialists and learn more about our non-surgical, outpatient fibroid treatment. In the Bronx, fibroid treatments at USA Fibroid Centers are performed with skill, cutting-edge technology, and the highest in-patient care.
Beginning your Fibroid Treatment in the Bronx
Do you have longer periods, heavy bleeding, or painful cramps that affect your daily routines? Many women diagnosed with uterine fibroids experience these same symptoms. Our team of fibroid specialists at our USA Fibroid Centers Bronx location provide minimally invasive UFE treatment in a state-of-the-art facility.
Our goal is to provide first-rate uterine health care in the Bronx with compassion. We know that it can be difficult dealing with the impact fibroids can have on your life. At the same time, undergoing medical procedures such as UFE treatment can be stressful as well. Our fibroid specialists in the Bronx want to support you during this time, answer any questions and help you enjoy a better quality of life.
How to Prepare for your Visit
Before you visit USA Fibroid Centers for your fibroid treatment in the Bronx, you’ll need to prepare for the procedure. Bring the following items with you on the day of your visit:
- Government-issued photo ID
- List of current medications
- Proof of insurance
- Medical records of past fibroid treatment
To prepare for your UFE treatment in the Bronx, follow these guidelines.
- Stop taking any blood thinner medications
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and other tobacco products
- Limit caffeine
- Avoid processed foods for 24 hours before the treatment
- Drink only clear liquids starting three hours ahead of your appointment
- Take all approved medications as usual, except for blood thinners
- Bring a driver with you
Confirm your Insurance Coverage
At USA Fibroid Centers, we care about your uterine health. Our team will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits and can assist you in completing the necessary paperwork for your Bronx fibroid treatment.
We partner with a range of providers. If you don’t see your insurance provider listed, call us at 855.615.2555 toll-free.