Licensure and Certification
- License: 290345 – New York (active)
- License: ME 129192 – Florida (active)
- American Board of Radiology
- BLS/ACLS – (active)
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA) – Tulane University School of Medicine
- 2012-2013: “Best Tulane Radiology Resident” – Tulane University Department of Radiology
- 2009: John T. Halsey Award (highest grade in Pharmacology in graduating medical school class) – Tulane University School of Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Society
- Society of Interventional Radiology
About Brett Welke, M.D.
Dr. Welke received both a masters in Pharmacology, and a medical degree from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA. Once completed, he traveled to New York to intern in general surgery at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn. In 2011, Dr. Welke returned to Tulane University for his residency program in Diagnostic Radiology. Finishing his medical education, Dr. Welke moved back to New York City for his Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center / New York Presbyterian Hospital.
In 2016, Dr. Welke traded the harsh winters of New York for the sunny weather in Clearwater, FL as an Interventional / Diagnostic Radiologist for the Advanced Imaging and Interventional Institute / Coastal Vascular Specialists. Dr. Welke has presented at numerous conferences regarding endovascular therapies and interventional radiology. In 2016, he attended the Transradial Endovascular Advanced Therapies Symposium, along with the Society of Interventional Radiology 41st Annual Scientific Meeting. He has also given over 25 presentations on the topics of embolization, image-guided therapies, thyroid nodules, gastrointestinal hemorrhages, and interventional radiology.