Examinations and Certifications
- Fellowship: Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York , 2005-present
- Residency Postgraduate Training: Radiology, Nassau University Medical Center, New York-2001-2005
- Residency Postgraduate Training: Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Centers, New York, 1999-2001
- Medical Education-State University of New York at Syracuse College of Medicine, Syracuse, New York, MD, 1995-1999
- American Board of Radiology 6/2005
- Licensed to practice in New York 2005
- USMLE Step 1 10/1997
- USMLE Step 2 11/1999
- USMLE Step 3 2001
Academic Appointments and Activities
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Journal of Interventional Radiology, Reviewer
- SIR Clinical Practice Development Committee
About Eric Berkowitz, M.D.
Dr. Eric Berkowitz completed his medical education from State University of New York at Syracuse College of Medicine. Dr. Berkowitz completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He continued his residency program, specializing in Radiology at the Nassau University Medical Center. Following his training, Dr. Berkowitz accepted a Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. From 2006 – 2017, Dr. Berkowitz was Chief of Interventional Radiology, Kings Highway Division at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center.
Dr. Berkowitz has contributed his knowledge and experience to prominent publications such as the Proceedings of the 40th and 41st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Neuroradiology, as well as the 105th Annual Meeting of the American Roentgen Ray Society. He has also presented at the International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.