Licensure and Certification
- 2009: Illinois Medical License #036-122677 (Active)
- 2008: Florida Medical License #ME102763 (Active)
- 2006: Pennsylvania Medical License #MD067418L(Active)
Honors and Awards
- 14 Peer Reviewed Articles
- 11 Peer Reviewed Abstracts
- 10 Grant Supported Research Studies
- 9 Invited Lectures
- 6 Non-Peer Reviewed Articles / Book Chapters
- 2007: American College of Phlebology
- 2007: International Spine Interventional Society
- 2005: Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- 2002: Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America
- 2000: American Society of Neuroradiology
- 1999: Society of Interventional Radiology
- 1993: Radiological Society of North America
- 1993: American College of Radiology
About Iftikhar Ahmad, M.D.
Dr. Ahmad received a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Peshawar in 1985. Following graduation, he completed his Medical Bachelor and Bachelor of Surgery degrees at Khyber Medical College along with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at New York Institute of Technology. Between 1985 to 1987, Dr. Ahmad extended his studies by interning in both medicine and surgery in Pakistan. After completing his studies at New York Institute of Technology, he completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology. At State University of New York, he completed a fellowship in Neuro Radiology and Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
In 2009, Dr. Ahmad received the prestigious award of Certificate of Added Qualification in Interventional Radiology. For five years, Dr. Ahmad became an esteemed professor teaching Vascular and Interventional Radiology to students at Indiana University. Since 2013, Dr. Ahmad has been the President and CEO of Minimally Invasive Therapy Specialists SC. located in Chicago, IL. He has had an enormous amount of experience and training regarding minimally invasive therapies such as the ones USA Vein Clinics, Fibroid and Vascular Centers specialize in.