Licensure and Certification
- 2013: CAQ in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- 2011: American Board of Radiology
- 2006: Massachusetts Medical License
Honors and Awards
- 2009-2012: Boston University School of Medicine Admissions Committee
- Active member of the Endovascular Committee at Boston University Medical Center
- Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
About Rajendran Vilvendhan, M.D.
In 1990, Dr. Vilvendhan started his journey into medicine at Tirunelveli Medical College in India. After he received his medical degree, Dr. Vilvendhan decided to pursue a focus in diagnostic and vascular radiology. His postdoctoral training started at Madras Medical College, followed closely by a fellowship in Neuro and Vascular Radiology at Sreechitratirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Techology, then to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Florida, and finally ended at one of Boston’s most prestigious hospitals: Brigham and Women’s Hospital. After his numerous fellowships, Dr. Vilvendhan chose to pursue academic medicine at Boston University Medical Center.
Not only was he an esteemed professor, but Dr. Vilvendhan directed/produced many clinical trials, case studies, papers, and presentations throughout his medical career specifically focusing on interventional radiology.